no exhaust dicharge through prop

17rogue70

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I put my boat in the water and started but had no exhaust thru hub. What would cause that

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: no exhaust dicharge through prop

A little more info would help, like what motor are we talking about here?

17rogue70

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Shouldn't you see exhaust when sitting idle at the dock? When under power I see exhaust jar then. Pee stream seems a little weak to me. I recently changed the impelled and thermostat. No exhaust sitting idle at the dock concerns me though. Thanks guys, I appreciate all help and info.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

He decided he didn't want to say that, rogue. Kinda hard to get enough information from you to be of any help.

guy74

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You won't have any exhaust coming out of the prop at idle, it will be coming out of the two relief holes on the back of the leg, you have a non-problem. The pee stream on any 3 cylinder I have been around slows down quite a bit at idle, if the idle is set at the proper speed (700rpm in gear).

17rogue70

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for.the info guys.I pulled the lower unit and found that the impellor was toast. Still pumping water but it was meltedand partially clogging tha water pump housing.im clueless as to what in the world would cause this other than no water.maybe a warpped housing. .always started in the water or on the hose at home withwater running min of 3minutes before starting the engine for.flushing after use. Maybe someone can shed some light on this matter for me