4.3 litre Merc on trophy boat trouble

leafsin67

Recruit
On a recent fishing trip my boat quit all of a sudden, when I attempted to restart there was nothing, no
attempt to turn over no noise from the battery, I was still able to run accessories from the battery but
Even the gauges wouldn't move, I toggles the kill switch several times and it started. I then bypassed the kill switch. The last time I wanted to start the motor befor eto warm it up and nothing again, after a half
Hour of looking at fuses etc while trimming the motor I tried to start and it worked. I have taken it to a
Local marina and they have checked the fuel system and found no problems. Any ideas, thanks ahead of time

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 4.3 litre Merc on trophy boat trouble

Some engine info would sure help, Merc serial number would be best, even a hint to the year and if it's carbed, EFI, which drive etc.
Other than that some general things to check is to check the circuit breaker on the engine.
Get your meter out and see if you have voltage to the red wire on the ignition switch. If not work your way back to the engine and to the battery till you find where the power stops.

leafsin67

Recruit
Re: 4.3 litre Merc on trophy boat trouble

Thanks Don, I will get info and try your suggestions. Motor is 2007 I know that.