tilt relay part number needed for 95 mariner 60

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Looking for the part number for the tilt relay. When I put my serial into parts express it shows the pump and ram assy but I don't see the two relays. After market parts is fine with me as well but need the original part# to confirm replacement.

Relay itself is HELLA 4rd 960388-32

Serial # OG211531

Thanks

Last edited:

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: tilt relay part number needed for 95 mariner 60

23 views and no replies. Did I do something wrong or you do you need different info?

RRitt

Captain

all mercury mariner and force outboards with 2w trim motors use a generic 5pin bosch style automotive SPDT relay. you can get them off ebay, amazon, google, etc for about $2-$3 each. Look for the ones with a bead of glue around base. This makes the plastic housing less likely to snap apart - but even more important for boaters - it makes the housing water repellant.

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks.

So I should be able to go into a NAPA or other auto parts store and find one? I'll bring the old one with me.

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just called my local dealer and he quoted me $60 each. Total gouging. Weather no good for boating for a week so off to NAPA with old part.

Checked online and it seems he was quoting the starter relay. Found the number online and called him back, $20.69. Still too much when I can find online for $6.45.