force 120 will not give any rpms

retrorod

Recruit
Hi there I am new to this fourm and thought that it might help with my troubles that I am having.

I have a bayliner with a force 120 l drive. I just purchased this boat from a buddy, not running. I just installed a new swich box and got it to fire back up, it runs like a champ when at idle and starts with no issues. When I give it gas it starts to act like it is droping cylinders and popes and dies. Any body have a clue?

Thanks
Collin

bentle

Chief Petty Officer
Re: force 120 will not give any rpms

Just a few things. Is it getting enough fuel to the carbs? Is it getting good spark to all cylinders and have you done a compression test yet? May need to decarb that motor to free up and clean
Out old carbon out of your motor. I bet some others will jump on here and have some other
and great input to you prob.

retrorod

Recruit

Figgured it out my self, installed a trigger.

Special thanks to all the wonderful insight of the lookie lue's whom posted such great insight on ideas to look at!

Cheers!

P.S. thank you Bentle for responding to my post much appreciated!

bentle

Chief Petty Officer

Glad to help. And ya have to remember that this forum is for the public like you and I so there are alot alot of questions and answers on this site daily. If you had to pay for this sight then a different story, but good luck and smooth sailing.