Anyone have a 21' Chieftain with water bonnet bimini?

ErikF

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello,

I'm trying to get the water bonnet figured out on my new to me 21' Chieftain.

I have the main bimini figured out but I'm not getting anywhere with the other covers (side, rear, etc...) To make matters worse the boat came with multiple covers and I'm having a heck of a time definitively matching them up.

If anyone has any pictures of a 21' Chieftain with a bimini I would really like to see them, the outside and the inner structure if possible!

Thanks,

Erik

elkhunter338

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone have a 21' Chieftain with water bonnet bimini?

You can sort of see the top. I do not have any good pictures of the top.
but mine has a top and a side curtain for each side. Not the greatest design, I never remove the top so I have used vulkum caulking along the windsheild and down the side curtains aways to make sure the top does not blow off going down the road, I also had to reinforce the inside to prevent the canvas from stretching. Works great after those improvements. But the canvas had already stretched so now it leaks, solved that problem with a coat of rubber roof coating, call me a redneck.fourth of july week 2009102.jpgfourth of july week 2009108.jpg

Attachments

• boat20.jpg
    boat20.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1

ErikF

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Anyone have a 21' Chieftain with water bonnet bimini?

Thanks Guys!

I had forgotten about this thread and only happened upon it searching for other information, those pictures definitely help, right now I have the covers matched up pretty well, looks like I have one bimini top, one full camper top, and another partial camper top I'll probably scrap out. Also looks like I have "most" of the framework and now that I know how it should go together I should be able to fabricate the missing parts.

Thanks Again! :)

-Erik