1988 50 Force NO Spark

dal62

Recruit
I just purchased a 50 Force motor. Hooked it up, turn the key nothing. Thinking it is silinoide problem, I bypassed it, it started right up.
Now knowing it runs. I noticed a reset by the silinoide and I pushed in the reset switch. Now I can turn the key and it turns the engine over, but it wont start. NO Spark. HELP Please.

CharlieB

Vice Admiral
Re: 1988 50 Force NO Spark

If you by-passed the solenoid to crank and it started, yet won't make spark cranking with the key, recheck bypassing the solenoid WHILE cranking with the key. If the starter speeds up you need to replace the solenoid. A poor contact can reduce cranking speed below the minimum 300 RPM necessary for the stator to produce enough voltage to operat the ignition.

dal62

Recruit
Re: 1988 50 Force NO Spark

Ok, I,ll try that. What is the little curcut breaker located next to the silinoid for? Because when I first tried the key and nothing happened. The little slide piece was out, I pushed it in and thats when, the switch worked and turned the motor over but no spark. What would cause the breaker to trip?

Well I tried jumping the silinoid while trying to start with the key, didn't speed up so silinoid is good.

My ingmition switch has 2 white wires that are not connected to anything, they are connected on the switch that is both marked (M) are these a kill switch wires?

when the switch is off they both light up my tester, in the on position only one lights up.

I tried to start with both together, still nothiong.

dal62

Recruit
Re: 1988 50 Force NO Spark I STILL NEED HELP

Re: 1988 50 Force NO Spark I STILL NEED HELP

I'm ready to give up. The motor run good before I reset the curcit breaker that is located by the silinoid.
I couldnt use the key switch to start had to jump the silinoid, but started right up run nice.
Thought ok the motor runs. now I would look at why the switch wouldnt work. I was looking around the engine and noticed a little curcit breaker that was triped. I reset the curcit and now the key turns the engine but I have NO SPARK.
Im ready to give up on this. PLEASE HELP!