How strong? 1984 Bayliner Capri

erosenwinkel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have an 84 Bayliner Capri and I need to know how strong the area immediately surrounding the garboard plug is. I want to rig something up to support a transom saver (even though most find the idea of a transom saver ridiculous). I would like to make up a plate with a hole for the plug and mount it to the lower area surrounding the plug. If this area is wood backed, solid and able to hold the stresses of a 125 hp engine bouncing aroud I would like to screw a stainless or aluminum plate with a bracket to hold up the transom saver that I am also going to make. My trailer does not have a rear support and I don't like the transom saver on the market with the bend. If this sounds like this will work, just drill, silicone and screw? Or is there another method to attach something to the boat? The area around the plug, argueably the most important part of the boat, is a place where I want to do the right thing. Not into sinking, slowly or quickly. Thanks a bunch. Eric

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: How strong? 1984 Bayliner Capri

I'd recommend you post some pics so we can see your boat/trailer configuration. What your are proposing does NOT sound like a GOOD idea to me.