help with getting a new to me outboard

nhdukes

Seaman Apprentice
Hi everyone. So im in the market for a new to me outboard and am leaning towards a rebuilt 150hp 20" shaft. I have looked into a few diffrent companies and was wondering if anyone had experience with any of these companies.Now I know bashing is not cool but if you have real life experience with these companies then i would like to know pros or cons and I feel it is simply answering a question. I have done some searches and havn't found much info so please any info would help. the companies are nwfl , Texas outboard rebuilders, 1outboard , hardcore marine, outboard exchange. Im leaning toward texas outboard. I live in new england so if anyone knows of a company in the new england area that they had a gd experience with then please let me know. Thanks everyone. tight lines and happy boating

nhdukes

Seaman Apprentice
Re: help with getting a new to me outboard

no one has any dealings w/any of these companies? anyone. thanks again

robert graham

Admiral

Give some of the guys a chance to get their morning coffee and I'm sure they'll share their real life experiences regarding outboard motor rebuilders.

nhdukes

Seaman Apprentice

thanks commander graham. im like a kid in a candy store, just a little over anxious.lol

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"(not engine topics)"

Moving to Non-repair outboard topics.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Why not look for a motor at a boatyard near you? I bought a used '93 Merc 135HPV6 for $1K, at a local place a couple of years ago. It was in real good shape, and still runs perfectly. I did need to rebuild the fuel pump for $15 or so.