77 Johnson 35 HP - no spark

TimmyO

Recruit
I'm reaching the end of my rope. Please help!

Rebuilt last year with new pistons, rings, plugs, coils, power pack, flywheel, and lower unit. All new gaskets and hoses. The motor has run great until a couple of weeks ago.

The problem started when the boat would not start after Stopping for a bit. I could get it to start on carb cleaner to get back home. The boat would start fine again. Then it would only start in full throttle. I rebuilt the carb and replaced the fuel pump, along with the hoses and new primer ball. It started for another ride, but than quit again. I dug deeper and found that I was getting intermittent spark. Sometimes no spark for a day and spark the next day, next try. I tested the coils and powerpack. I replaced the powerpack and the boat ran perfectly. Went for a ride and stopped for 10 mins and could not restart the boat. Shot a small bit of carb cleaner and started up. Got home and have not been able to start for three days. I have no spark or voltage to the power pack brown and yellow wires. Any help is much appreciated. Running out of cash to dump into this motor.:facepalm: