Does anybody know where you can get "SUPER STRETCHY" vinyl???

rhillman75

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a1996 Sylvan open bow that has a passenger and drivers cockpit that was covered in the "original" vinyl from Sylvan. The entire boat is 95% perfect except for the 2 cockpit covers. I had a local trim shop "attempt" to re-cover them with the "stretchiest" vinyl they could get, but after a week it is starting to lify due to the vinyl wanting to return to its original shape. They are working with me to get a refund but that doesn't solve my problem. I can't find anything anywhere! The vinyl that came off it literally can not be re-used due to numerous tears and rips, but this stuff stretches like a garbage bag!!!

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Does anybody know where you can get "SUPER STRETCHY" vinyl???

i was going to suggest Victoria's Secret.

rhillman75

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Seriously...I am laughing internally, but that doesn't solve my dilemma. All of the upholestry shops in my area just look at the consoles and say..."we can cut patterns and sew seams but we can't guarantee they will last!" Well...thats what the last shop said also! I can't be the only owner out there that has had this issue but I would like to see if anyone has an idea of where I can buy this ***** and do it during the winter time. By the way... "maybe she could provide me with the manufacturer of her wardrobe!?!

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

That super stretchy vinyl was terrible stuff as far as being UV reistant, it was mostly woven rubber with a laminate vinyl top skin. Looked good on most pole ballerinas, but not much good in weather. Any reason you can't use canvas?