Evinrude 6hp 2 stroke outboard motor model # E6RCEC... Looking for an owners manual

dukester544600

Recruit
Hi as stated above I am looking for an owner?s manual for an evinrude 6 hp motor. It's model # E6RCEC. It belongs to my grandfather and I am trying to find out the correct oil/fuel mixture and things of that nature. I have done a lot of online searching but all I can seem to find is parts diagrams. If anyone can point in the direction of where I can find a manual online that would be very helpful. Alternatively if someone can give me the oil/fuel mixture this engine uses that would be very helpful as a start. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Evinrude 6hp 2 stroke outboard motor model # E6RCEC... Looking for an owners manu

It looks like you have a 1989 model.....therefore it would be 50:1 on the gas/oil mix.

dukester544600

Recruit
Re: Evinrude 6hp 2 stroke outboard motor model # E6RCEC... Looking for an owners manu

Thanks for the reply but I figured since it was an older engine it would be online somewhere. They want $40 for it on the website you advised. Thanks for the oil/gas mixture though. I was pretty when I was a kid thats what we mixed it to but it's been over 10 years since I have used this engine so I thought I would check and see.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Almost all 2s from the mid 60's on use 50:1. You might try outboardbooks.com for the owner's manual or Fleabay. There are generally no free on line document sources for most outboards.

dukester544600

Recruit

Is it better to use fuel without any ethanol in this engine?

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Sure, if you can get it easily.

dukester544600

Recruit

Well I can buy it from the gas station as easy as fuel with ethanol but I have heard several people saying that these types of small engines are not designed to run on fuel that is blended with ethanol so I thought I would ask and see if anyone knew.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Unless you have an antique engine, ethanol isn't a major problem. The alarm over ethanol is way overblown. It's is a crappy fuel though.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well I can buy it from the gas station as easy as fuel with ethanol but I have heard several people saying that these types of small engines are not designed to run on fuel that is blended with ethanol so I thought I would ask and see if anyone knew.

They weren't "designed to" run on gas with lead in it either, Dukester. I don't understand why nobody went into cardiac arrest over that.