Crownline deck boat Courtesy light problem, fuse panel location?

Chet labrozzi

Seaman
Hello, I have a 1998 Crownline 238 deck boat with lighted switches. None of the courtesy lights work so I am assuming I have a fuse issue. Everything else on the panel works fine along with all other lights. The boat has 3 courtesty lights which don't, the switch doesn't light up so I assume I have a power issue. I can not find the fuse or fuse panel on this boat. Does anyone have an idea where it would be located? Yesterday I tore into the dash but seems like an awful lot of work to replace a fuse? There is one circut breaker by the ing switch but thats it? There has to be a fuse panel or inline fuse someplace on this boat, can you help?

Last edited:

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Crownline deck boat Courtesy light problem, fuse panel location?

Chet,

Crownline generally puts the fuse panel at the helm below the instrument panel. Look for a snap-on curtain or panel held on with several screws to gain access. With a 13 year old boat it's had plenty of time to develop a little corrosion or blow a few bulbs, don't assume, use a voltmeter to check to see if you have 12 volts at the bulbs and a good ground.

Chet labrozzi

Seaman

Thanks, I pulled a complete light out yesterday and the bulb was fine. Today I'm taking a tester and going to check for power at the lights. Seems odd the lighted switch isn't lighting. Thats why i'm guessing it's a fuse too...Where does the lighted switch get power from? Thanks for the help.

Chet labrozzi

Seaman

Yes, you are correct. The panel was a snap on panel in the head (Porta Pottie ) cabinet. Both the courtesy lights and the head blower didn't have fuses in them. I temporary installed a 20 am fuse into both and they started working. Thanks!

Chet labrozzi

Seaman

this forum is fantastic, can't believe how easy things are and go when you know what your looking for and where! Thanks!