Mercruiser Drive Reservoir location

Eric.G

Cadet
I just replaced a 96 350 with a Vortec 350. Everything went fine, but I cant figure what to do with the Drive Reservoir. The old bracket mounted on the last two bolts of the intake manifold. Of course the Vortec manifolds are different. Where does the bottle mount on Vortec engines. I've see a couple of different brackets on line, but cant visualize where they would go. Ive seen one that looks like it would mount on the back of the port head, but of course the coil is there

Thanks
Eric

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Mercruiser Drive Reservoir location

My 1997 Bravo was mounted on the starboard front corner of the engine. Can't remember what the bracket actually attached to, though. Maybe the head? Here's a picture of it, maybe that will help you decide which bracket?

April0016.jpg

Eric.G

Cadet

On mine (all factory) both the old setup and the new setup (merc factory partially dressed MAG+ engine) has the fuel water separator there. Hangs between one bolt on the manifold and one bolt on the head.

THANKS for the Pic. At least I know what application that particular style bracket is for.
Eric

TilliamWe

Banned

Yeah, my fuel/water separator is underneath the drive reservoir. Maybe that's a "Bravo" thing? Merc does change things from time to time, though.

Eric.G

Cadet

Any more input??

The wiring harness for the new engine still has the lead for the drive reservoir in the rear port area of the engine

Thanks
Eric

Bondo

Staff member

Any more input??

The wiring harness for the new engine still has the lead for the drive reservoir in the rear port area of the engine

Thanks
Eric

Ayuh,... Just hang it wherever the wire from the harness will reach...