New prop or what?

dwest1434

Recruit
I have a 21ft Sun tracker pontoon boat with a merc 60 hp bigfoot. I don't know speeds yet but wot is 6000 rpm. To me it seems like i could use a little more speed as it feels like it is plowing through the water rather than gliding on it. I have been reading on how prop sizes can give more speed but is it what i need. I am new to boating and we have bought this boat within the last two months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: New prop or what?

Welcome,You should read the stickys at the top of the page and get us as much info as possible.
Your pontoon doesn't plane so your speed will likely be a little over 20 mph.
Get us as much detail as possible.Your prop size will be near the base of the blades or under the prop nut.

dwest1434

Recruit
Re: New prop or what?

Welcome,You should read the stickys at the top of the page and get us as much info as possible.
Your pontoon doesn't plane so your speed will likely be a little over 20 mph.
Get us as much detail as possible.Your prop size will be near the base of the blades or under the prop nut.

I took it out again and gps speed at 6000 rpms is 18 mph. I ran it at about 5700 rpms and it stayed about 17 mph but it still did not feel like it planed out. Will look for the prop size and go form there. Thanks