iboats members weight loss?

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
I havent been on here much lately, but i remember a thread last year about everyone on here that was losing weight and getting in shape. Anyone sticking with it? ive been at it over a year now with pretty decent results. Just wondering. Its motivating to here peoples' stories I guess.

aspeck

Staff member
Re: iboats members weight loss?

Down about 70 pounds or so and have been in a holding pattern. Need to get busy again and finish loosing what I started, but happy that I haven't packed the weight on again.

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Being disabled it's hard for me to exercise so I have to controll my weight by what I eat for the most part. I'm happy to say I've reached my goal of 275lbs:) down from a high of 326lbs. Man it sure was hard giving up the doritos and beer:) Now I'm 6'4" 275lbs of balding furry:)

Red

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Thats what im talkin about! sweet. im down 80 lbs but still got another 30-40 to go i guess. Its a little tough with my occupation but ive found ways to make it work. Its just so easy to skip the gym. Gotta remind myself to keep going. once im there, I love it though. its weird.

aspeck

Staff member

It is hard to find time for gym and exercise, and that is important to stay in shape, but if you are talking weight loss, the best is controlling what goes in your mouth. I can eat a 200 calorie candy bar in about a minute, but it takes about 20 minutes of exercise to burn 200 calories. And when you exercise it can be an excuse to eat more (just talking from personal experience). Not downplaying the importance of exercise in your daily lives, but you are better controlling food consumption when it comes to weight loss, and if you can do both, that is even better!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Haven't tried too hard, but dropped from 205 a year ago, to 180 last week. Actually, most of it dropped since February.

Cut out the donuts, reduced the chips and dip, actually cut down on veggies too, cause I put butter, cheese, and sour cream on them. i quit at 170, if I ever get there.

Fly Rod

Commander

Lost 45 lbs. in three months, not from dieting, from a blood disease. Went to 150 lbs. from 195lbs., have gained back about 10lbs. and would like to jusst maintain that weight.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Down about 70 pounds or so and have been in a holding pattern. Need to get busy again and finish loosing what I started, but happy that I haven't packed the weight on again.

I too have lost 70 lbs however my wife has lost 106!

skargo

Banned

I too have lost 70 lbs however my wife has lost 106!
Congrats!

My wife and I are starting a new diet August 1st, no more sweets and no more eating after 6pm.

We'd like to get back to this, when we first got married 16 years ago.

27868_10150181562970652_554955651_12028318_8137163_n.jpg

vs. now,

247319_10150616232495652_554955651_18670680_8052923_n.jpg

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Well I went to work full time for a friend of mine about 4 months ago, and have lost 27 pounds in the last 4 months, went from 238 to now at reading of 211, I have never really had a problem with weight, but it does feel good to get back to my fighting weight, I weighed in at 215 when I was in the service, no extra exercise, just a lot of hard work during the day instead of sitting around drinking beer.

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Not quite sure if this belongs here, but I figure it's about exercise and such. I've been sick for a few years and constantly losing weight. at my worst in February of this year I was 5'11 and 115 pounds.. I've been trying to gain weight by ever since I've been feeling better and I'm now a solid 150! I've gotten into a routine of working out in the AM, coming back and working on the boat and it's worked really well. I wish everyone else the best of luck with their exercise and diet plans!

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have been holding at 174 for the past couple of years, been as low has 164,started the quest when I top out at 230 and was diagnosis with diabetes.Like others have said watch what I eat and I walk on average of 8 mile a night

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Jim, sounds like you have been doing good with all the miles you have been "HOOFING" each day, good for you BUD!!!!

Myself, sank leg into a ditch full of snow and "hyperextended????" the knee and blew the hip out, thank god the wife gives great rubs!!!!

(but gotta get rid of the GUT GRRRRRRRRR)