alpha one stern drive

cteed

Cadet
hey guys- how are you all doing today??? I am having a hard time getting my stern to stop leaking oil out the weeping hole. When I had the lower unit of i had it pressure tested and it was tight, the top unit wouldn't hold a vacuum, so I am sure its in the upper unit?? Last summer I did a water impeller change and ever since then, I have had oil leaking from my weeping hole. If I fill both units and then fill my reserve bottle on the inside transom, there is oil leaking, but if I remove the reserve bottle and empty it out, the oil stops leaking after a few minutes.
Can any of you guys help me with some advice??? Thank you very much.....cal

Saqbcq

Cadet
Re: alpha one stern drive

Sounds like the hose for your reserve tank is off or cut

mercs4mark

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi..just want to take a stab at this...if you have oil discharging out of your weep hole, i would venture to say you have a seal problem somewhere..ie shift shaft bushing ...seal under water pump or a seal in the upper end, your upper will not hold vacum...there is a seal in it not designed to do so...and i don't think your researve bottle has anything to do with losing oil thru the weep hole, thats my 2 cents

Saqbcq

Cadet

Sorry I was tired last night and miss read the question. Are you getting water in your drive?