odd raw water pump issue

rcranium

Recruit
New all metal bravo 1 pump w/ thru hull on serpentine belt 12 months ago. Boat ran fine ;3 hour ride no issues ; put on hose to flush and water did not come out the back. Impeller replaced, it was worn with small cut in the middle.
Impeller replaced, water shot out the back on hose, 3 hr boat ride, put on hose to flush and no water out the back again. Used Sierra impeller for replacement. Haven't taken pump out yet. What should I be looking for? Boat ran fine both times and did not overheat, just would not pass water on flushing.

BTW; I W/O the pump in. I flushed both hoses ;Thruhull and hose from pump to back of boat and water ran easily

rcranium

Recruit
Re: odd raw water pump issue

Should I pull the risers for a possible blockage. I did have a full impeller failure, 2 years ago, mechanic claimed to have found all the pieces.

rcranium

Recruit
Re: odd raw water pump issue

solved; a small piece of the fairly new metal housing snapped off and created an impeller ripper. Now I know what to inspect. And I'm not sold on the benefits of the expensive metal pump housing vs the plastic one.