can this change out easly ?

sun burn

Cadet
ok i am looking at a 87 boat it got the 3.0 mer. in it the guy said the block is cracked.now in my boat i got the 2.5 120 mer can i trade out motors being that both are 4 cly.s would this be a simple swap or wold it even work the blocks should be the same right?
ok heres his ad.....
1987 wellcraft classic 192 has a 3.0 mercruicer 4 cyl but the block is cracked. Has a alpha one mercruicer outdrive which is in good shape.
ok my boat has the 120 4 cyl with the alpha one...should change out right with no modication right ?

dollarten

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: can this change out easly ?

First timer here . As an old veteran of working on these engines , Yes , it should work but be careful when swapping over the shift and throttle cable assy(s. as the changed as far as mounting over the years . Do not use any of the exhaust manifold and related componets they have big differences .

Also, you did not mention what years your 120hp and Alpha outdrive were. So depending on which outdrive you plan to use, pay attention to the length of the yoke shaft on the outdrive as there was a change in the shaft length in and around this time.

sun burn

Cadet

thanks all would hate to get it if my motor did not work 4hr trip one way to pick up