Hurt Motor

dale1

Seaman Apprentice
30 MPH impact with rock. hit so hard, knocked the engine off. Do you think its repairable? 2004, bf 225, runs good, even as is, 380 hours.

Attachments

• motor 5.jpg
    motor 5.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
  • boatmotor2.jpg
    boatmotor2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 0
  • boat motor1.jpg
    boat motor1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 0
  • boatmotor3.jpg
    boatmotor3.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 0

isaksp00

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hurt Motor

Will your insurance pay enough to make it worth buying a replacement?

dale1

Seaman Apprentice

Will your insurance pay enough to make it worth buying a replacement?

Yes, State Farm pays NADA retail value. Problem is, I'm haveing trouble finding a used honda. I think I repair it. Also. I ment to say. it knocked the motor cover off. not the motor.

dale1

Seaman Apprentice

yea, this shows that the breakaway function works. the shop could not find any damage to the transom. it was violent. just glad we didnt hit the rock pile with the hull. still dont know if it's totaled yet.

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

What does your Honda dealer recommend? Repair or replace?

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd pray they total it and than get a new one. That looks to be such a hard hit and allot of damage i'd be worried about shock damage etc....

Red

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I would be very concerned, I took a huge hit on a log thats was underwater several years ago , and the only aparent damage was to the LU, and I spent a good bit to fix it , and on the next trip out, a bent piston rod rubbed a hole through the power head, I scraped the motor, not saying it has any thing like that, but just something to ask about

dale1

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys. I finally got the boat to the shop. they are looking at it now. they found a slightly warped prop shaft as well. that is strange because the prop doesnt have a scratch.