Fuel Gauge And Sender Problem

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
I have a 20' Pontoon with a 25 Gal. built in plastic tank. I have had 2 sending units installed and they both "Stick" at any given time, mostly near the middle of the gauge reading. Also, when the tank is full, it only reads 3/4 tank. If I hit some decent waves or give the tank a good rapping, it will start to read correctly again(Or should I say it starts working again)! Is there some kind of adjustment I need to make to the float to get an accurate reading when full and is there anything I can do to stop it from sticking? Thanks, Rick

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Fuel Gauge And Sender Problem

be sure the float/arm is not rubbing on the inside of the tank. Is it possible the sender is oriented incorrectly?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Thanks Schematic for the reply! I'm not sure if it is in the correct position, but I will check. Would that throw off my "Full" reading problem? Should I pull the sender and move it up and down to see if it will read Full, instead of 3/4 when the tank is full? Any way to check the Gauge to see if it will actully read full? Also, if I install a new Gauge, do I need to install a different sender again? Thanks Again, <br /><br />Rick

petryshyn

Commander

Yes, remove the sender and move from empty to half to full while watching the gauge. It should correspond....