Motorguide Brute 767 not working right

Karla45

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have an older motorguide 767 brute 12/24V trolling motor. I have a couple of problems right now with it. First, it is not getting as much power as it used to and go pretty slow. A couple of times I was able to mess with the wire in the foot pedal when the power went down and I believe it had to do with a green wire. I know it is not the battery and I have checked to make sure the cables to the batteries are snug and there is not corrosion. The other day I was not able to get it to work in position 3 but all other positions work. I am thinking that some of the wiring in the foot pedal needs replaced or something. I would like to test the connections but I do not have a diagram to go by so I will know what goes to what. ANy suggestions on where to start first?

When I first got this trolling motor the switch will only work for 12v, 24volt does not work and I was told this when I bought it. I was wondering if the switch could be causing the problem with it not being able to run at 24v. I am considering trying to fix it so I can use 2 batteries but this is not my main goal. First I want to fix the problem with the motor not running as fast as it used too.