Who else watches practically no TV?

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer
Ill admit.. I watch about 4-6 hrs of TV a week. A little History/Disc/TLC or CMTV. Sadly I have to pay extra just to see those 4 stations I like. The rest of TV is either boring or garbage. Sorry just my opinion.

I should also add... I would much rather spend my free time on the computer than in front of the TV.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Who else watches practically no TV?

I am with you,I have 3 to 4 shows I watch a week when they are not in reruns the rest of my time after work is walking on average 8 miles a day

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

I agree! The world wide web has much more entertainment value compared to the the boob tube.......opps......that's flat panel now a day......

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

I watch VERY LITTLE TV. but I am a Movie buff... I have well over 1500 DVD's and Blueray's in my collection... If I am going to watch something... I pop in a movie.

there is so little on TV anymore worth really watching. and I work in the industry...

relocyo

Chief Petty Officer

I end up staring at my smart phone alot, does that count? I still think im smarter though, :p

Last edited:

45Auto

Commander

Can't remember the last time I saw a television show. I probably average 1 hour/month. Much rather read a book or be doing something on one of the boats or cars or guns or designing something or machining something or programming something, etc, etc, etc.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I also watch only a couple of hours a week. I think the only shows I'm currently watching are Burn Notice and Hawaii 5-0. I really enjoy TV and I know there are tons of shows I would enjoy but I usually end up just end up on the web. Iboats or Reddit.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Don't watch any TV here, don't pay for cable or any other service. We do have and watch a bunch of DVDs, but I prefer the www.com.

kei9th

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i guess ill be the guy on the opposite side. i watch alot of tv, but mostly its only on for background noise. i cant stand commercials and start to tune out and go on the computer or do something else but that tv never gets shut off. i dont think there are any tv shows i watch on a regular basis. (except for Only in America with Larry the cable guy)

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The ones I did watch, their season is coming to a close. Deadliest Catch ended last nite, Swamp People ended last week, Swamp Loggers should be ending soon too. Was watching Ice Pilots, don't know if it's done or not. Just kinda didn't show up anymore. The wife can't stand any of those shows! All those channels and rarely is there something decent to watch......

Scorpion8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

In the summer, we barely watch any TV because it's time to be outside. Winter when it gets dark at 3 PM.... we may watch a little more. But right now, I might average an hour an evening while I'm decompressing from the day.

waterinthefuel

Commander

With live streaming channels (on the internet) of practically everything on TV, I see no need to subscribe to cable or DSS to watch what I went. If I want the local news, that comes in digitally over rabbit ears. In fact, all the 3 major networks plus Fox (the Saints football station, not Fox news) can be had over rabbit ears for free.

Other than swamp people and deadliest catch, as well as the Saints games during football season, I don't watch TV.

robert graham

Admiral

About 2 hours a night, Swamp People, Big Foot, Giant Squid, White Sharks, Crocs Eating Wildebeasts In the River, Hippos, Etc....Beats the heck out of cooking and decorating shows!

soggy_feet

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Live on a boat, on a mooring.

In other words, what TV?

If there's one around, I'll sit down to watch a few minutes, and then look at the clock, and 2hrs will have passed. I call television 'The Great Demotivator', and find I lead a somewhat more productive life without it.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

I will answer that as soon as my favorite show is over..........:facepalm:

mscher

Lieutenant

Virtually none.

We don't have any subscription TV at all, so it all only comedy re-runs, stupid dancing, singing and "reality" TV shows.

I recently watched (while waiting for my truck to be repaired) a history channel "history of the earth", like two hours long. awesome. I know if I have cable TV, I'd never be able to get away from the TV set.

Did recently briefly watch an episode of "swamp people", on the TV at the garage where I work. Yipes! Shoot a hoooked alligator and roll it into the boat. Repeat process. Repeat process again. They shout "nice shot", each time, when the muzzzle of the gun, is 2 feet from the gators head. I need a reality show.

If reruns of two-and-a-half men are on, I'll stop dead in my tracks and check it out.

Life is too short for TV.

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

This time of year, watch it very little. In the middle of January and -20 temps and blowing snow, I watch considerably more.

Ive heard some say they watch more in the winter.... understandable. Crazy part is, I do watch slightly more... but not too much. I always find something else to do or tinker with :D

RMasters

Seaman

TV is kind of a modern brainwash. Just listen to the ones telling you that they "...saw it on ....". Yeah right.

Rather spend 15 minutes on the computer, you can read the news around the world (all different stories of course), what more do you need?

Movies of course, but that is a different story. I don't watch commercials with movies in between on TV.

Just looking back at this week: 0 hours/0 minutes/0 seconds of TV, and I know more what's going on around the world than at least ALL of my coworkers.

Ahoy!

Tig

Chief Petty Officer

I seem to have lost interest in tv a couple months back. Only watched a couple hours since then. We'll see how long this lasts.:)

DayCruiser

Ensign

Most of it is junk and repeats. Hard to believe we pay for commercials. So many commercials you forget what your were watching. I have done that, changed channels and missed the show I liked LOL. Not many shows I like, so I don't watch much either. I definitely don't get my monies worth until pro and college football come on. I would probably get rid of the dish if it weren't for football