black yellow kill switch wire

Exotic4x4

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys I ordered an omc and a Johnson manual for my 70 HP Johnson its a 1975 won't be here for a week so I got a question, I have an ignition problem with my #1 cylinder it has great spark and about half throttle it intermittently loses spark then comes back its only on that cylinder can I disconnect the black yellow wire from the power pack and see if the motor runs? Or won't it even start or turn off? I'm trying to think and try some tests to see what could cause this issue,boat starts ok at full throttle runs ok just have to feather the throttle during acceloration un til it seems to clean up. Anyone have any suggestions besides swapping coils from cylinder to cylinder to see if its a coil having an issue. Or key switch tests or any possible thing this could be. I have been chasing a demon for 3 weeks now ugh! ;-( btw spark test was real blue and about 3/8 or more spark just something is causing a cylinder to shut down then reappear

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: black yellow kill switch wire

The black/yellow wire affects all the cyls. That is the stop wire that goes to the key switch. You may want to swap coils and see what happens. If the prob stays with the same cyl you could have a bad pack or timer base.

Exotic4x4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This might be a really dumb question...but where are the power packs located?

AlTn

Commander

go to marineengine.com..find your yr...hp...model no...ignition..you'll see what it looks like