Thanks for information

TMALEGA

Petty Officer 1st Class
:D So i went out this weekend in search of a new hull. No motor just the hull, and well after reading on here for what seemed decades. I felt more informed then i have ever felt on any decision. I went through this hull like it was a open heart surgery the man said, i took a rubber mallet and tapped on the transom to hear if it was solid or not. Climbed up into it and checked the floor out. He was laughing because i was jumping up and down in it. He even showed me the paper work where he had the floor and transom done at a local buisness that is where everyone was sending me for my transom as they are the best of the best in the area. So i felt really great about it all. Then the best part he was asking 800 for it and i was trying to sell my plasma cutter for 500. He happened to see it in my car and said he was wanting one like that. So all and all i swaped a plasma cutter that was sitting in my garage collecting dust for a very solid boat. He just took it as a even trade. I will hopefully have more pics soon then the one i have i spent most of this evening transplatting the motor off my p.o.s. To this new. O sorry i left this out it is a 1985 bayliner capri from best i can tell it is the capri model. I tried a hin search and it didnt help but it was late last night and i was on the wrong site. 16 footer which is what i came from but i had a 1974 starcraft america that the transom was falling off of. When we took the motor off today it actually feel to the ground. But i wanted to say a many thanks for all the wealth of knowledge on here. Heck i even pulled the back seats and looked to make sure the transom was glassed to the side of the hull completly.

So sorry this was so long winded i am just so thrilled with what i accomplised this weekend with all the new knowledge. So greatful for you all.

Attachments

• IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 0

silveraire

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Thanks for information

now where is the fun in that? You will have to spend all your time boating instead of the fun of replacing decks, stringers, and transoms. I feel sorry for ya. lol.

Very nice boat and a heck of a deal. enjoy the water. Of course, we want to see alot of pics.

chad

TMALEGA

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yea how dare i spend time out in the water in the boat i know right lol. I plan on more pics to follow this evening, i still have to connect the wires and steering. Not to hard to do. I do however have to change over the steering cable i believe. The one on it doesnt have anything keeping the cable from moving instead of holding in place and allowing the actual steering link to turn. I think that peice was with the motor. But that is minor in the grand scheme of things.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice find, good luck with the switch over and send pics of her out on the water!