1958 pressurized tank, disc valve help

Jerloch

Recruit
Hi all,
I am new to the forum but have learned a lot from the old posts.
I decided to rebuild my old 1958 cruiz a day tank and ordered the gaskets and orings that I needed. In the process I must have lost the part #19- 301802-disc valve. Actually I don't remember seeing it, I thought I was being careful when I disasembled the tank. The parts diagram is such that I can't tell what it really looks like or is made of so if anyone has a good picture of it or can tell me more about it I would appreciate it.

By the way the 1958 18hp Evinrude that goes with the tank starts first pull when it has gas.

Thanks
Jerry

moldeck

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1958 pressurized tank, disc valve help

only help I can give is that a new pressureized tank is expensive to buy. good luck

AlTn

Commander

google...max wawrzyniak obsolete outboards column #2...deals with pressurized tanks and has a parts breakdown that will show what the disc looks like

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Those motors can be easily converted over to a single line system, if you give up on the tank issue.

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer

Hi,
I'm late to the party I realize, but if you still need one I have an extra disc valve. I could easily pop it in the mail. Also if you have a local marine salvage place they should be able to find you one too. Contact me by pm if you need it.

Cheers.................Todd

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Be careful Sea18Horse. They like to hang people upside down and flog them with a soggy carrot for announcing parts up for grabs here. :D

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer

Point well taken :) , but I don't think anyone will get all wrapped around the axle in this case. I'm not interested in selling anything. And I wouldn't offer up anything that is available at iboats. It's just I've gathered a ton of useful information from all the helpful folks on here and I like to give back when I can.

Cheers.....................Todd