Is the H180 LE a good buy?

fdlsrv

Cadet
Basically,

My local dealership will sell me one for 17 995$ including the starting kit (the nautic security kit).

Is it stable enough to go on a big lake (when it's windy).

Is this boat has enough power for tow sport? (I mean, 2 in the boat, and 2 in a tube).

DO you think this boat will have a good resale value?

Thx!

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Is the H180 LE a good buy?

I assume you're considering a 2011 model.

The boat is stable enough for a big lake; the answer to your question depends on what you consider a big lake and what you consider to be windy. A 25' boat may not be big enough to be safe on a rough, big lake.

It's got plenty of power for tubing, and even enough for skiing. A wakeboard tower is a factory option.

Four Winns is a well-respected brand. If you keep it more than a few years, how well you maintain it will be a bigger factor in resale value than the brand name.

DogFace81

Cadet
Re: Is the H180 LE a good buy?

I have a 2005 Horizon 180 LE and am absolutely in love with it. Im originally from ohio so when you say big lake I think Great Lakes... I wouldn't be too excited about taking it out on Lake erie if it was really windy, but I can and have taken it out on larger lakes in Texas when its gotten windy and it performs beautifully. I think the Deep V hull has a lot to do with the stability especially in the waves. Its a very sturdy and well handling boat. I would trust it to get back quickly and safely anytime the winds picked up and I started feeling uncomfortable. Although that would be more than likely because by the onset of a very large storm...not just a regular windy day.

Also I went with the 4.3 V6 and could not be happier. I personally would not even consider a smaller engine if I had to make the purchase again. No problems with power at all.