1969 Larson engine mount

whitewater602

Recruit
Hi all,

I am new to boats and to this site as well. I thank you in advance for what ever advise and or critisism you may offer !

I am working on a project with my father in law to get his old 1969 Larson up and running to be enjoyed by his new grandchildern. It is an 18-19 foot Larson (model unknown at this point) with a 4 cyl 110 hp Mercruise I/O. The motor mount has rotted completely away leaving us to have to jack up and replace it. It looks like it was made of wood and there are two pockets that it appears that this wooden mount was situated into with through lag bolts mounting the metal bracket off of the engine into the wooden block that was fixed to the boat. (does this make sense?) I am looking to replace this wooden peice but am unsure of how to best attack the situation. We have the motor lifted enouh to have removed the old bolts but there was not enough of the old wooden mount left to determine what we should be looking to build to replace ot to specification.

Is anyone familiar with this predicament and can lend some advise?

This will be step one in what I am certain is going to be a long and rewarding educational experience!!

Thank You!!

Whitewater602