Rough Idle Still

trailshredder

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am about to throw in the towel, not sure what I am missing! Work done so far; Head Gasket with 5 new valves, all valves re-seated, Rebuilt Carb, Cap, Rotor, plugs, wires, new plastic tank, new fuel supply hose, all fuel filters, dwell and timing set. Runs perfect above 1000RPM, idles rough and nearly stalls on occasion. Uploaded a video to youtube of it running, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppox560aN1E Can hear the miss most at idle when I move to the back. Thoughts?

Pete104

Lieutenant
Re: Rough Idle Still

The fuel pump looks awful clean & it isn't on your "new list". Are you using the FAT gasket on it? Can you see fuel drizzling in the carb? To me it sounds like it's loading up but I can't see that in the pics.

trailshredder

Petty Officer 1st Class

The fuel pump looks awful clean & it isn't on your "new list". Are you using the FAT gasket on it? Can you see fuel drizzling in the carb? To me it sounds like it's loading up but I can't see that in the pics.

I took the cover off the fuel pump and cleaned it when I did the filter, but it isn't new. Not sure what you mean by the fat gasket? I think your on to something though. I had an old 2 stroke bike that would load up and idle the same way, ran great if you never idled. What could be causing it to load up?

trailshredder

Petty Officer 1st Class

Any other thoughts on this idle issue? What gasket is pete referring to as the "Fat" gasket?