Sunrise on Thursday

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
There's nothing like getting out before work on a week day. Water was a balmy 85 degrees today...about as warm as we ever see it in MN.

397780065.jpg

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Sunrise on Thursday

And the humidity is finally coming down so that you don't drown while breathing ;)

DaveM

Petty Officer 1st Class

What a great way to start the day. I'm really jealous of that glassy water, wow. And it looks last week's thunderstorms have moved on out of the area. So is it the water temp at 85 or is that the air temp? Either way, that is steamy.

skibrain

Thursday Air 68. Water 85 at 6:00 a.m.

We skied again Friday with perfect conditions, then this morning, Sat. with a light S. wind despite predicted storms. By 6:30 the sun was shining, the wind dropped to calm for an hour and a half, we each skied three times...(well a storm was rolling in and I had 20 mph headwinds the end of my run) but it was another great ski morning. :)

I made it home in time to mow the front yard before it started raining.

DaveM

Petty Officer 1st Class

That sounds really nice...perfect as a matter of fact. I was out that way mid-July for a reunion in the "Raspberry Capitol of The World." The low then was 85 and the nights were sultry. Air temp on Sunday here was 50 at 5:30 AM, water was refreshing. I would take 85.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

There's nothing like getting out before work on a week day.

There is no better way to ski.

That's exactly what I do twice every single week, all summer long...2 buddies and I meet at the lake at 7:00 am every Tues & Thurs, ride the glass (we wakeboard and slalom as well), and then get cleaned up in the marina showers to get to work near 10:00 or so....and then we work late those days to make up the time.

As the sun starts rising later, we'll eventually move our start time to 7:30 and then 8:00. And then it'll get cold and we call it a season. Being in Indiana our season is much longer than yours however...I've been known to ski in December before (but that's awful rare...more of a novelty thing). But thru the end of October is very common here, and without wetsuits usually...

We find weekends and evenings are always just too choppy/windy/busy for serious watersports, so we don't go then....but almost EVERY morning with few exceptions it is just like glass...

skibrain

Apr 9 and Dec 1 my earliest and latest. We're definitely cold on either end of the season. And then there is the frozen water thing we have going on in MN. Our days are longer though in mid-summer. :) Sunrise late June is about 5:30 a.m.