Crazy Question

mtnman05

Seaman Apprentice
I have a crazy question to ask you guys and gals. I am wanting to purchase a pontoon boat but have a minor issue. The neighborhood I live in you can't have boats sitting outside, only cars. I am trying to avoid paying for storage and I really don't want it sitting outside so rats and other rodents don't get in it and chew the seats up. I have seen this happen to a friends boat due to a raccoon and he had to replace every seat.
Anyway, I would like to know how high some of your pontoons sit from ground to the highest point of the sides of the boat with the top laid all the way down. I am trying to figure out if I can even get a pontoon in my garage before I go shopping for one. My garage is 30ft deep with 2 doors and the doors are 9ft wide and 7ft tall. I am afraid I am going to be pushing it real close. If there is no way to make this work then I am going to go look at some fish n ski boats.

Kitchen363

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Crazy Question

Yes you can fit it in your garage. You need an "up/down type" or "sissor type" trailer . I have a tandem axle type made by Hoosier. I trailer my boat every where. When I'm ready to back it back into the garage you just crank the trailer down so that the pontoon is only a few inches above the ground and wheel it under you garage door.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Might be a squeeze since most toons nowdays are 8 1/2' wide but it should fit easily.

When you fins the boat you want just measure the height on the trailer and make sure it will fit before you buy it but I can't imagine it won't fit.

EGlideRider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Most pontoons will fit. Just measure before you buy.

And rats can get in boats even in the garage so keep fresh bounty dryer sheets under all seats, cubby holes, and in the console.

BatDaddy1887

Chief Petty Officer

...if the bounty dryer sheets ain't workin' for you then try moth balls.....no living thing can take that smell....well, maybe really, really old people.... :)

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class

The length of the boat is not you only concern. My boat is a 24 ft, but the overall length on the trailer is just over 31 ft. Just make sure you measure the entire package before you buy.

Glenn