Rewiring CDI power pack to fit Sierra quick connect 100HP Johnson

GLE3

Cadet
Model number of outboard is 100ESL72R. Sierra power pack that is currently installed died on me. Instead of pulling the flywheel off to replace the whole wiring harness I'm thinking about just heat shrinking the old Sierra(18-5748) quick connect adapter onto my CDI power pack unit. All of the wires are color coded and match up exactly but two of the wires are black with a white stripe. Does it matter if I have these wires crossed? Both of these wires seem to go up under the flywheel (along with a green wire). Not exactly sure what there function is. I have already accounted for the blue (coil) and purple wires.

One other thing to mention. The green and two black striped wires have a fitted metal connector break in them pretty much right where the quick connector would have to sit. Not really seeing a way that this would help my cause out though. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help in advance!

GLE3

Cadet
Re: Rewiring CDI power pack to fit Wabash quick connect 100HP Johnson

Re: Rewiring CDI power pack to fit Wabash quick connect 100HP Johnson

Ok, I first post was from work and I don't know what I'm talking about. The dead power pack is made by Wabash that looks alot like the photo you can enlarge on this page of iboats (down at bottom) Not exactly sure what model number is on this guy?

http://www.iboats.com/Johnson-Evinr...gle-_-Johnson:OEM Parts:Google-_-398363_BROAD

Here is some pics that I hope explain what I have. All I'm looking for is to know if I can mess something up by crossing up the two black wires (with white stripe) on the CDI pack.

OLD WABASH PACK
wabashpowerpack.jpgwabashquickconnect.jpgwabashquickconnectadapter.jpg

NEW CDI pack CDIwiring.jpg

The installation instructions suggest the two wires are a relay for a sensor (#4 in troubleshooting) so it might not matter which way I put them.. http://www.cdielectronics.com/InstallSheet/113-8362.pdf