2000 evinrude ficht 150 no oil alarm.

aerobat

Master Chief Petty Officer
hi ! today my engine suddenly gave o no oil alarm and went into slow mode. it happened from one second to another and i never saw it on this engine before. no other warning light are on.

i immediately shut the engine, checked the bulb- was hard. the engine restarts without problems and idles smooth , and the light is off after restart, but after a minute or so, running in idle , it comes again, of course i did nnot try to rev the engine with an oil problem. i decided not to troll in slow mode without oil but a friend pulled me into harbor, there i let it run with the silencer off and when you feel the oil hose b form the pump to the distributor by hand you feel the line pulsating, so the pump seems to work. DAMN IT !!! the next evinrude shop is 100 miles away so please - when you have some ideas give it !!! i run xd 50 oil.

thanks in advance!

KeeperSeaker

Cadet
Re: 2000 evinrude ficht 150 no oil alarm.

I had same problem which turned out to be oil pressure switch.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Without a laptop it's hard to tell what's wrong 'cause there's different codes for different oil probs.

aerobat

thanks for the replies ! i removed yesterday the return line to the oil tank and started the engine- there is plenty of oil coming out the return line so the pump definitly works. the intake from the tank is clean as well as the oil by itself.

the strange sthing: after the boat sitted for some hours and i tested it again the alarm was gone- i let it idle without any issue for 10 minutes with no oil alarm ...

maybe truly the pressure switch- but like boobie says hard to say without reading the codes. since like said getting the boat on a laptop is a hard thing for me i think if i order a pressure switch as a shot in the dark and look. any further ideas are very appreciated !

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Seeing you're in the situation your are, order the switch, install and see what happens. It's worth a try.

aerobat

ok... i run the engine since the thread stared for some hours at all operating ranges and the problem- so far - never came in again.

i found a slight leaky supply oil line at the engine connection point and fixed it. further i sprayed all sensor connections with wd 40 and anti corrosive oil as well checked the sensor inside the oil tank for free movement. i did not replaced the pressure switch since its out of stock in germany :-(

lets look if the engine keeps on running !