SHORT AND LONG PROFILE

Thompson66

Cadet
Hello, Newbee here. Just purchase a 66 Thompson Offshore with OMC 150 Hp and model HU-14 stern drive. Just wondering what are the differences between Short and long profiles. Can it be measured as I have never seen the two side by side before. <br /><br />Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: SHORT AND LONG PROFILE

Are you saying this is a 1966 OMC I/O with 150hp ???<br />How many cylinders in the motor ??<br />Is the Drive mounted thru a Huge Hole in the transom ????<br />Short,+ Long Profile of What ????<br /><br />Welcome to the forums here at iboats......<br /><br />Loosen up your fingers,+ Tell us More about your boat........ :)

Laddies

Banned

Are you sure it's not a Buick V/6 155hp thats what a HU was, if thats a HU they came in only one length

Thompson66

Cadet

Let me clarify, it is a 1966 lap strake mahogany 21 foot Thompson offshore with Buick v6 150 hp. It has a HU-14D stern drive. This boat is in show room condition and has been loved all its life. The previous owner ran it once or twice a year just to keep it fresh. The boat purrs like a kitten and skips along on the water. It has every service record since new including all literatures right down to the old registration and guarantee cards. All the factory stickers are still on the boat and the engine. I just wanted to learn more about this boat, as I am aware that in 1966 only a handful of Thompson boats were built before the company went bankrupted.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

The high and low profile terminology had to do with the height of the upper housing which was 15 1/4 in high in the high profile and 11 1/4 in high in the low profile. <br />go to www.sterndrive.com and look in the OMC exploded view gearcase diagrams for more info.