Boat Names

Als09Sierra

Cadet
We're in the final steps of buying our first boat and the name on there now is pretty bad. We really want to change it and I'm hoping to get some ideas. We've seen a few interesting names, but nothing that we would consider. We're thinking family oriented, but I'd consider some drink themed names as well...or the standby, my wife's name Aimee.

Any suggestions for names and for christening the new name? I've heard the bad luck theory and will be happy to buy a bottle of champagne if it will help.

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Boat Names

We're in the final steps of buying our first boat and the name on there now is pretty bad. We really want to change it and I'm hoping to get some ideas. We've seen a few interesting names, but nothing that we would consider. We're thinking family oriented, but I'd consider some drink themed names as well...or the standby, my wife's name Aimee.

Any suggestions for names and for christening the new name? I've heard the bad luck theory and will be happy to buy a bottle of champagne if it will help.

Unluckey to change a boats name. That said name it Aimee's boy Toy. LOL

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Search "renaming a boat" on this site. Be prepared to read to exhaustion. It's been covered a million times.

aspeck

Staff member

The name has to fit the boat ... so what is your vessel and a little info about yourself and family would be helpful with name ideas.

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There are tons of names that are great for boats. I have never been superstitious about changing the name of a boat. If someone else named it and you don't like it then for sure change it.