I'm gonna pull my hair out.

shrew

Lieutenant
If I see one more post with the following title I'm going to pull my hair out:

Help
Question
Emergency, Help

Obviously someone needs help or has a question. That is the very nature of why your posting. The only thing possibly worse than that is when the entire question is posted in the title. Or my absolute favorite. Half of the quesion is posted in the title, and as a result of running out of room, the 2nd half of the question is posted in the body.

OK, I'm done ranting and feel better now. Thanks for listening.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: I'm gonna pull my hair out.

I especially like the "QUICK REPLY NEEDED" titles!... like we're supposed to snap to it and drop everything else to answer this question.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I think somebody's hatband is a bit too tight.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Before and after pics please.:p

cgd7777777

Petty Officer 1st Class

Shrew if you dont like it don't read it...is that really something to be botherd by?...don't sweat the small stuff

I hate when somebody ask a question and somebody replies "use the search button" if it bothers you that much to answer a question don't even reply move on to the next one<the seach button sucks by they way it gives you everything you don't need>

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Help I have a question... It's an emergency!!

j/k

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

****>>>>OH, PLEASE, PLEASE, Won't somebody help me!!<<<<****

My moter broke. What is wrong??

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

This is kind of amusing if you look at the similar threads at the bottom of the page.:D

shrew

Lieutenant

LOL!!!!

No it doesn't REALLY bother me. I do however think it is very amusing to see them. Amusing in that head-shaking way. I do skip over them because I find chances are very good the poster has a poorly constructed question which is lacking details. I also think it's funny that other's took this post a bit too seriously as well.

Whether you agree or disagree, I bet you're going to chuckle at the next one you see. ;)

shrew

Lieutenant

On that note, I love the ones that preface the type of replies they want. "I need help from an experienced mechanic", or "Experienced <insert person here>. It's nice to hope, but it's a forum, you're going to get replies from anyone with keyboard, computer and internet connection whether you like it or not.

I also love the "I need help from you knowledgeable collection of boaters". LOL, you're going to get replies whether you like us or not. (You had me at "Emergency!! Please Help"). No need to butter folks up with the butt-smooching.

Again, this is all tongue in cheek.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Okay, but I still want pics before and after said hair pulling.:p

95Bayliner

Seaman

I hate when somebody ask a question and somebody replies "use the search button" if it bothers you that much to answer a question don't even reply move on to the next one<the seach button sucks by they way it gives you everything you don't need>

Amen to that! Who made up the rule - search countless hours before posting a request for help!?! Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of forums? I often do the exact opposite... if I can't find what I need from the search, I'll post the request, then research on my own and see who comes up with the answer first.

Nandy

Commander

On that note, I love the ones that preface the type of replies they want. "I need help from an experienced mechanic", or "Experienced <insert person here>. It's nice to hope, but it's a forum, you're going to get replies from anyone with keyboard, computer and internet connection whether you like it or not.

I also love the "I need help from you knowledgeable collection of boaters". LOL, you're going to get replies whether you like us or not. (You had me at "Emergency!! Please Help"). No need to butter folks up with the butt-smooching.

Again, this is all tongue in cheek.

My pet peeve is actually the contrary, is those member that because they want to help try to answer question that they have no experience or expertise on said matter. Their guess is as good as the person asking... If I dont have the experience or expertise then I dont try to answer a question.

Or course, you surely cant control who answers your question but you can surely ask for only the people with specific expertise to answer. You cut a lot of the uneducated "guess" that way. You still get answers from people that don't have the expertise but it is easier to just exclude one or 2 than getting 20 responses and have to wade to find an "expert". It works for me.

PS - There are many experts in here in many areas. I'm talking about professionals that makes a living on said matter so there is not just a bunch of weekend warriors in here.....

Last edited:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

My pet peeve is actually the contrary, is those member that because they want to help try to answer question that they have no experience or expertise on said matter. Their guess is as good as the person asking... If I dont have the experience or expertise then I dont try to answer a question.

Or course, you surely cant control who answers your question but you can surely ask for only the people with specific expertise to answer. You cut a lot of the uneducated "guess" that way. You still get answers from people that don't have the expertise but it is easier to just exclude one or 2 than getting 20 responses and have to wade to find an "expert". It works for me.

PS - There are many experts in here in many areas. I'm talking about professionals that makes a living on said matter so there is not just a bunch of weekend warriors in here.....

I'm pretty sure that most people that reply to a thread (myself included) are trying to help and have nothing but good intentions, whether they're trained professional or not.

Even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every onc in a while.;)

rbh

Fleet Admiral

OK. pull away, please send before and after pics.

LOL, don't sweat it!!!

"A very good friend of mine told me something the other day, I'd like to pass it on to you because I believe what he said to be true..
Were here for a good time not a long time, so have a good time the sun won't shine every day".

Trooper 1979+-

Chillige DUDE, have fun

Nandy

Commander

Like I said, they are trying to help. if someone were to ask how to do whatever on windows 7, as much as I want to help, eventhought I had my own computer busisness years ago and I understand windows quite a bit, I wont try to answer because I have never used windows 7 but in 2 ocasions and it was just to browse the net. My guess would be an uneducated one and as good as the poster guess. How is that helping? A good intended answer from someone that have no idea what are they saying can be detrimental in some cases.