Importing boat to Oz went bad, question about selling in CA

BigReidy

Cadet
Hi guys, I need a bit of help from the clever bunch of guys you are. I have bought a 2005 Monterey 214FS earlier this year from Indiana, I transported the boat and trailer down to California to ship over to myself here in Gold Coast Australia since then I have struggled to get the boat shipped over here and it doesnt look like I am going to have any luck soon, I am thinking of just selling the boat again while its in California, I had a full independant survey carried out when I bought it and it is sitting wrapped and winterized. What do you suggest to be the easiest and quickest way to get a sale as obviously I am not in a position to show the boat to anyone and dont know how the current market is, Any suggestions will be greatly received. Thanks in advance. Craig :)

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help !

Well I would get on the www and look for a dealer who buys boats or a broker who can assist you close to the area where the boat is currently located. These people are setup to take care of everything for you.....for a price. Check out their references and BBB listings, other www sites where complaints may appear, and things like that. If it looks legit and you are satisfied with the price and services offered, go for it!

Mark

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Sorry you're having such terrible issues getting your rig over there Big. Before you give up on it completely you might try checking with some fellow Aussie iboaters. There are several on here. Aussieflash and Kiwi Phil come immediately to mind, as does Triton II. Maybe one of them can provide you with some inspiration. Good luck.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Member Kiwi Phil has imported several 25' boats to Australia. Yes, I know, "kiwi", but yes, he lives in AU.

Private message him for details, as he worked out the details of buying, shipping, importing, and delivery.

Below is a link to a thread, celebrating the arrival of his first import.

Good Luck.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=188873&highlight=McGregor

BigReidy

Cadet

Thanks for the replies guys, I will have a search about on the net for somewhere that buys boats or a broker to sell it for me, How is the sales market on your side of the pond just now. I paid $18K for the boat and trailer and I'm only looking to clear my feet or as close to it as possible.

Cincyrunner

Seaman

Well, if you twist my arm enough I guess I can do you a huge favor and take that old heap off your hands for say, $5000. It'll be a real inconvenience for me, and a huge hit out of my wallet, but I'll do it to help out a fellow boater. It sure would be nice if I could talk you down a couple thousand, though.

But seriously, you wouldn't have any problem selling a 2005 Monterey 214 with a V8 and get what you paid for it. Of course, sounds like you're already out a bunch of money in transportation costs, plus what you'll have to pay a broker to sell it for you.

Good luck to ya!!

BigReidy

Cadet

Well, if you twist my arm enough I guess I can do you a huge favor and take that old heap off your hands for say, $5000. It'll be a real inconvenience for me, and a huge hit out of my wallet, but I'll do it to help out a fellow boater. It sure would be nice if I could talk you down a couple thousand, though.

But seriously, you wouldn't have any problem selling a 2005 Monterey 214 with a V8 and get what you paid for it. Of course, sounds like you're already out a bunch of money in transportation costs, plus what you'll have to pay a broker to sell it for you.

Good luck to ya!!

Thanks for the offer mate, Think I might hold off and just wait and see if a better one might come along, I mean $5K is a touch on the low side its got to be worth at least $6K even in this economy ha ha.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the offer mate, Think I might hold off and just wait and see if a better one might come along, I mean $5K is a touch on the low side its got to be worth at least $6K even in this economy ha ha.

$6500! (Will you take a post dated check?:redface:)

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Big, it breaks my little pea pickin' heart to see you sell that boat. Did you talk to a fellow Aussie about getting it over there?

BigReidy

Cadet

Big, it breaks my little pea pickin' heart to see you sell that boat. Did you talk to a fellow Aussie about getting it over there?

Yeah mate have talked to a few guys that have done it in the past, Just the sign of the times, Boat needs to go RO RO as they dont want to put in a container because of the size and the RO RO service they usually use has currently suspended the route to E Australia and all the other quotes I got were rediculous money and would make it not financially viable. Have emailed a few dealers in CA but no responses as of yet.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I'll drive it across for you; I have rellies there I need to see. Meet me at Bondi or Noosa.

wingmastr23

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tell you what - I am in SoCal - I'll let you park it at my house (save you some storage) and I will take interested buyers out in it when they want to test drive it.....:)

southkogs

Staff member

Just email this around to everyone:

"Dear Partner,

I am BigReidy a personal chief financial treasurer to Mikhail Khodorkovsky the Richest man in Oz and owner of a 2005 Monterey 214FS.

I seek your partnership to accommodate the shipping of this fine craft. You will be rewarded with 10% of the total sum for your partnership. Can you be my partner on this? Already the boat has left the shore of California through diplimatic means to a European Holding firm where the final crediting is expected to be carried out.

The transaction has to be concluded within 5 to 10 working days, as soon as I confirm your readiness to conclude the transaction with me. Contact me via my private box: BigReidy@quiteascam.dum so that I can furnish you with more details.

Thank you very much, Regards,

BigReidy"

I'm sure someone somewhere will decide to help out :D

BigReidy

Cadet

Cheers guys at least I know I can rely on you lot to cheer me up ! :D :p

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Tell you what - I am in SoCal - I'll let you park it at my house (save you some storage) and I will take interested buyers out in it when they want to test drive it.....:)

Nooooooo! Don't let wingmastr watch over it. He'll lose the keys!:p

wingmastr23

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nooooooo! Don't let wingmastr watch over it. He'll lose the keys!:p

Hahaha!! Naa....No problem losing boat keys....however, losing truck keys......that is another story...LOL!!!