35 HP Chrysler bogging......no hole shot....

strtbobber

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've run my 35 Chrysler about 6 or 8 trips now. It has run perfect. Rebuilt carb, rebuilt fuel pump. Timing adjusted. Points were good.

I've used it only for fishing until yesterday. That's when I pulled a tube for the first time. It ran perfect again. Today I took it out tubing again and I could not achieve full throttle. If I nailed the throttle out of the hole, the motor would bog right down to nothing. :facepalm: If I creeped the throttle up slowly, I could get the tube to plane, but that's about it. If I tried to creep it all the way up to full throttle, it would bog...(and it would have died if I would have kept the throttle pinned). So, I could get MAYBE 3/4 throttle/rpm today, that's it.

I unhooked the tube and went for a ride alone and it was perfect.....ran great! I made minor mixture adjustments, and eventually ended up with the adjustment where it originally was.

The best example of what it was like pulling the tube was like when you get weeds around the prop......it'll go, but there's not much rpm or speed.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

fucawi

Banned
Re: 35 HP Chrysler bogging......no hole shot....

fuel pump ...change the diaphragm ..not enough fuel pressure

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Carb adjustment?

strtbobber

Petty Officer 1st Class

Carb adjustment?

I tried that buzz. I adjusted the screw in the front of the card. I believe that's a mixture screw?? Can you elaborate more on what you mean?

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I believe you only have 2 adjustments you can make.
One would be float height.
The other would be the mixture screw.
Test the mixture screw, if you can turn it in all the way and the engine still runs, then you need a new mixture screw.

strtbobber

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think I got it!! After checking and double checking all carb settings, etc, I discovered that the o-ring in the quick connector at the tank end was not sealing. I couldn't even fill the bowl with fuel by squeezing the bulb. Got a new connector on order! I'm confident that will fix my problem. Thanks for all your suggestions guys!