AlumaCraft Classic 16 Live Well operation

jimjose2026

Recruit
I have recently purchased this 16ft AlumaCraft with a 40hp Johnson Motor. The boat has a live well, but I have no idea how it is supposed to work. How does the water get into the well and etc. In other words, can someone give me the rundown on how this works......
Jim Buckholtz:confused:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: AlumaCraft Classic 16 Live Well operation

Your boat should be equipped with an electric pump and a switch to fill the livewell. If there's a hole in the bottom of your livewell, you should have a standpipe that either pushes or screws in. When you put the pipe in and turn the pump on the well will fill. When the well is full the extra water will go into the top of the standpipe and drain out of the boat. When you want to drain the livewell, pull/unscrew the standpipe and the water will drain out.

This is the type of livewell I have but yours may differ.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Welcome to iboats.

Correct, there should be a switch somewhere on the dash to turn the pump on.

Next time you are ont he water start hitting switches till the livewell fills, mine has a drain in the bottom and an over flow at the top but they all work about the same.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

One of the switches marked AUX should fire up the pump.

I'm not positive about the Classics, but my Navigator has a switch specifically marked "Livewell." Either way, you should have a switch somewhere that turns the livewell pump (attached to your transom with a thru-hull fitting) on and off. There is likely either a drain switch or just a drain plug that evacuates the water from the livewell. In theory, you should be catching fish to put in there but ice and cold beverages work well in those things too!