!995 Johnson 40HP tell tale stream has weakened.

Rick.

Captain
Hello to all. I was out yesterday and noticed two things really. The tell tale stream was weaker than normal and I had a constant spray of water coming out the exhaust relief and the top of the back of the leg. Water pump was new last season and I would guess has not more than 15 hours on it. To be honest I've never noticed the spray out the exhaust relief before. The exhaust spray is quite a volume. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions. One thing I should add is I have had the motor connected to muffs a few times since my last outing. Rick.

Will Bark

Lieutenant
Re: !995 Johnson 40HP tell tale stream has weakened.

Try running a weedeater line up the pee hole while the engine is running and see if that doesn't help clear it up some. Don't run water with muffs at full force which is overpowering the pump and you may get water in places you don't want it.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Try running a weedeater line up the tell tale while the engine is running and see if that doesn't help clear it up some. Don't run water with muffs at full force which is overpowering the pump and you may get water in places you don't want it.

I fixed it for you.

Rick.

Captain

Would a partial blockage in the tell tale cause excessive water out the exhaust relief? It was shooting out the relief a good two to three feet. Thanks, Rick.