what in the world is this part called ?

BowT

Cadet
I have a cabin cruiser and there is a missing window/ skylight over the door that is removable. well somone has removed it and its gone. what would I search for to find a replacment, my cabin is getting wet from the big hole over the door. Thanks

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: what in the world is this prat called ?

A picture of where the missing prat goes would help a lot.

BowT

Cadet

I wish i had one. my boat stays at the marinia and of course im not there when I decide to post this. I have seen several models with this removable skylight. i guess ill keep googling :D

AviatorJim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It sounds like the entryway hatch. I think your best bet is to make one. A light wood framethat overhangs all the way around, anc then some foam and fiberglass to finish it off. If you try to buy one at a salavage yard it will probably be unique to the model of boat you have.
--Jim

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

My Carver has one I bet is similar to what yours is. It's a black smoke plexiglass. It has two pins that slip into hinges mounted at the back of the hatchway and a lip that extends down over the door with a lock. You'll never find one. I've been nursing mine along for a couple of years. It can be fabbed up at a plastic supply shop easily, just make a cardboard cut out and have it cut out of 1/4" plexi. The trick will be finding the slip hinges. Good Luck!

BowT

Cadet

thanks guys , I think making one is my best bet too. guess I'll take a trip to lowes after work. thanks again