What Year Controls? Approx.

tallcanadian

Captain
Does anyone have any idea approximately the years of motors would fit these controls? It has a silver/chrome label at the bottom of the control instead of the red or blue. I picked these up for 15 dollars. Included all the cables as well. It shifts nice and the cables are in decent shape. It has the electric choke button and ignition. Here is a couple of pics.

100_3788-1.jpg

100_3789.jpg

79Merc80

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: What Year Controls? Approx.

That was used from the last 60's (MAybe even erlier) through the mid to late 70's

tallcanadian

Captain

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured late 60's or so. The must have been in a dry place for awhile, they are in great condition. I think I did good for the price.

hotrod53

Chief Petty Officer

That looks very similar to my Merc Control on my '78 Sylvan

BTW, GREAT video! I just did the same rebuild with my '78 Sylvan SeaMaster. Your video makes me appreciate the fact that mine is aluminum. Mine was tough, but you had much more work because of the wood. I had less labor that way, but I had to do my motor too. Great job, I know your personal satisfaction first hand, enjoy the fruits of your labor!

tallcanadian

Captain

Thanks Hot Rod. Very kind words, and yes it was very satisfying. So much so that I started another one. lol.

hotrod53

Chief Petty Officer

Sooo, you didn't learn the first time ... LOL. I did one, I may buy next time. My situation was different though, my next door neighbor gave me the boat/motor/trailer for $0 with the understanding that I would not part it out and I restore it, and I have to take him walleye fishing at least once..LOL. This is actually the second boat that he gave me, he gave me an 11' car topper that I fixed up last time. He knew he would not restore it and his son didn't want it. It was funny, he was the "Project Manager" on the job from start to finish, he was over almost every day observing....LOL. I didn't mind, I think that he really enjoyed seeing it come back to life.

look familliar?
DSC01579.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

Sooo, you didn't learn the first time ... LOL. I did one, I may buy next time. My situation was different though, my next door neighbor gave me the boat/motor/trailer for $0 with the understanding that I would not part it out and I restore it, and I have to take him walleye fishing at least once..LOL. This is actually the second boat that he gave me, he gave me an 11' car topper that I fixed up last time. He knew he would not restore it and his son didn't want it. It was funny, he was the "Project Manager" on the job from start to finish, he was over almost every day observing....LOL. I didn't mind, I think that he really enjoyed seeing it come back to life.

look familliar?
DSC01579.jpg

Nice. The Merc controls were the same throughout the late sixties, seventies and part of the eighties. Just different colour where your blue is. Some were silver, red , blue. Yeah, I didnt learn a thing..lol. I miss being on the water.