How much Things change in 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was just browsing around and found this post from 10 years ago......the US dollar was worth $1.50 of our Canadian
now ours is about $1.05 of the US dollar. Sounds good for us in Canada....not really as most of our products are sold at US dollars to foreign countries and we`re hurting now too. Only the Canadian tourists to the States are getting a deal......I sure hope the US polititians can get things together and get things moving again !!!

Attachments

• MWSnap249.jpg
    MWSnap249.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
Re: How much Things change in 10 years

I grew up in Detroit and remember when we could go over to Windsor and live like a king for a day on $5.00 US. These days I'm thinking about investing in the Canadian dollar - it may be more stable.

Personally, I'd prefer it if the politicians in the US would get out of the way so the market can get things together and moving again.

Brent S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I went up to Quebec skiing and was getting something like 1.70 for a U.S. dollar. The people working there loved it because we spent a lot of money. When you buy a case of beer with a $100.00 bill and get the beer and $130.00 back, life is VERY good.
Yes, times change!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

One thing that hasn't changed: LOTW is still the greatest fishing hole on the planet. :)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

But it paid off. With oil prices hovering around $100 a barrel, Suncor is now worth $45 billion, many times its value just a few years ago.

And the Alberta oil sands industry has helped propel Canada into an enviable position as the single largest supplier of oil to the United States ? a fact that few Americans are probably aware of.

?Maybe not the average American on the street,? said George. ?I think 'the Street' though ? Wall Street and the investors ? have a pretty good idea."

Do they ever. Canadian oil giants are now most welcome on Wall Street; Suncor executives were even invited to ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange.

Suncor alone produces 280,000 barrel of oil a day at this mine ? operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. At $28 million a day, it?s not hard to see why they don't take Christmas off.

And ours...Which we cannot develop for some Murky reason

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana?s Bakken Formation?25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate?

Have a snopes read...Even they cannot or will not sort it out

www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/bakken.asp

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Careful, TG. Getting pretty close to controversy and politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.