which power on the six screws ...

loddar

Recruit
must i use to connect the "Z" with the boat? my boat is a bayliner 5.8L OMC Cobra.<br /><br />In Deutsch:<br />Mit welchem Drehmoment muß ich die 6 Schrauben des Z-Antriebs anziehen?<br /><br />Gruß<br />Lothar

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: which power on the six screws ...

Welcome to iboats. I like these computer translated questions. They are challenging.<br /><br />The translation is not good. I think you want to know the torque for six screws. Six screws I think of are outdrive mounting nuts. If it has a 16mm or 5/8 inch head, the torque is 50ftlbs (foot pounds). I do not know the metric number. Somebody please help.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think I agree with Willy's understanding of the question.<br /><br />Moving this to Mercruiser, Volvo and OMC I/O Troubles.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

This is the translation I get. "With which torque must I dress the 6 screws of the Z-drive?"<br /><br />Here is my reply: "Heißen Sie Willkommen zu iboats. Ich mag diese Computer haben übersetzt Fragen. Sie fordern heraus."<br /><br />"Die Übersetzung ist nicht gut. Ich denke, dass Sie das Drehmoment für sechs Schrauben kennen wollen. Sechs Schrauben, an die ich denke, sind outdrive Aufstellen Muttern. Wenn es einen 16 mm oder 5/8 Zollkopf hat, ist das Drehmoment 50ftlbs (Fußpfund). Ich kenne die metrische Zahl nicht. Jemand hilft bitte."<br /><br />Compliment of http://ets.freetranslation.com/

Paul Moir

Admiral

50 ft lbs (Foot Pounds) = 68 Nm (Newton Meters).<br /><br />FYI if you write this into google:<br /><br />"50 foot pounds to newton meters" it'll answer "50 foot pounds = 67.7908974 Newton meters". Cool eh?