Twin 5.0's, port engine drops RPMs.

SeaNile31

Recruit
Checked fuel filters and even ran on a tank on clean fuel with no issues. There is a drop in pressure though. Am I correct in thinking this issue is fuel pump related? Any fix to this or do I need to replace the pump?

These are 2004 5.0 MPI engines.

bds85466

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Twin 5.0's, port engine drops RPMs.

Could you elaborate a bit more on the actual problem? It's a bit unclear what's going on.

SeaNile31

Recruit

Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush. Boat has been on land since November, went for first ride of the season today and both engines ran fine for a while then the port lost rpms. Back at the dock the filters were checked, the engine was ran from a small jug of fuel (to see if clogged pickup line or something) and the problem was still present. Checked the fuel pressure and there is a significant drop, so I was wondering if there is a fix to the fuel pump or is a new fuel pump required? This assuming it is the fuel pump.

Thanks.

dubs283

Vice Admiral

what are you getting for fuel pressure??

Grandpadfb

Recruit

Sounds like possible gas line leak. Prob. Will not see gas, but sucking air. Check all connections from tank, tighten, replace or cut and re attach. Most common problem and cheapest fix. ...???
Gl
DFB

Grandpadfb

Recruit

Check fuel lines. Most common prob is sucking air. Cut and reattach or replace all. Hard to see but cheap fix if it works!!!
Good luck
DFB