wanna see my latest pride and joy?

sankanother1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here is my newest addition.I am quite proud..Its my 1986 Chaparral Villain III re powered with a 2010 Mercruiser 350 mgnum MPI..Her name is Quick N' Dirty.

3k93p83l55Y55U65R1b52e5fa039172191538.jpg3n53o13pd5Y65T65X0b52237879fa788b1623.jpg3o23p13lb5T05W15R4b524bd3922766d613be.jpg3mb3o83la5T55S45R3b52a7145d01adb311ae.jpg

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander
Re: wanna see my latest pride and joy?

Very nice!!! Gotta love these Chaparral's... Timeless.:D

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

Great looking boat, How many foot?

LK

sankanother1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks..Its 22 feet.It is the first generation Villain III,It's a lucky find for me even though it has its problems.The floor was soft in one spot which I knew when I purchased her.Bitter sweet because the 65 gallon aluminum fuel tank had a leak so I cut out the floor with only one stringer that had rot.I got a hold of a 55 gallon plastic tank and in the process of replacing the stringer and the floor, not that bad,But I know I will have a great boat for years to come that very few will have.I know the floor was replaced once before because some one has already taken all of the foam out of it.I live on the west coat of central Florida where the Gulf is quite shallow.This is a great boat in big water for its size.Although she likes to jump out of the water on the smallest swells.I could not ask for a better boat for its size.Anything bigger would need twin motors.That 350 mag mpi is really something.It will eat up the fuel on WOT .But I put a smaller 21 pitch prop on it and it helped a lot.This boat is NO cruiser in no wake areas because it wants to plane with just a little gas the bow rises but the gas mileage at 30 mph @ 2800 rpm on plane is prob 4 mpg.Cant beat that.Until you push that throttle all the way up the gas tank thinks there is a big block back there.58 mph with 2 people aboard is top speed but 64 mph with the 23 prop with just me on board.I had a problem with a 23 prop and 5 people aboard.it would wash out just before it was on plane but I am hoping that it was because I had no plugs in the tempest prop.The boat has thru hull exhaust so I think those holes just caused cavitation.No matter.I think i will just sell that expensive prop.I cant feel the extra 5 mph by the seat of my pants anyway.

wgl333

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sharp boat...but, when I saw the title of your post I half expected to see a can of Pride Furniture Polish and a bottle of Joy Dish Detergent. I guy I used to lease cars with would show potential customers his pride and joy (pictures of those products) as an ice breaker...worked every time!

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Great looking boat. Congrats and enjoy.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Nice Chap. Throw up a couple of interior shots of her. The cover on the engine looks like a pre 2002 efi cover??

sankanother1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice Chap. Throw up a couple of interior shots of her. The cover on the engine looks like a pre 2002 efi cover??

Great eye..You sure know your stuff.It actually is a 2001 but the long block was replaced with a merc in last year.Same motor anyways.It has the blue water drains on the manifolds and block instead of the single dump but I think thats a bravo thing.Its the 300 horse motor but I wonder if its more with the thru hull exhaust

sankanother1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sharp boat...but, when I saw the title of your post I half expected to see a can of Pride Furniture Polish and a bottle of Joy Dish Detergent. I guy I used to lease cars with would show potential customers his pride and joy (pictures of those products) as an ice breaker...worked every time!

Thats very funny..smart man