2004 Glastron with 3.0 Litre Volvo Penta Pulls hard left?????

obwtech3

Recruit
Hello Everyone
This is my first time here, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong section.
I have a 2004 Glastron SX 175 with a 3.0 litre Volvo Penta that pulls HARD Left at all speeds. At cruise, if you let go of the steering in any way, it spins around fast to the left. The boat has NO power steering and had a 21 pitch prop. Tried a 19 pitch, but no success. Have tried adjusting the trim tab, but no luck. Steering cable is very well lubed. ANY SUGGESTIONS??????
Boat is in very good condition, but this is quite confusing????

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 2004 Glastron with 3.0 Litre Volvo Penta Pulls hard left?????

Hello Everyone
This is my first time here, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong section.
I have a 2004 Glastron SX 175 with a 3.0 litre Volvo Penta that pulls HARD Left at all speeds. At cruise, if you let go of the steering in any way, it spins around fast to the left. The boat has NO power steering and had a 21 pitch prop. Tried a 19 pitch, but no success. Have tried adjusting the trim tab, but no luck. Steering cable is very well lubed. ANY SUGGESTIONS??????
Boat is in very good condition, but this is quite confusing????

You say that you have a trim tab, and that you tried adjusting it? Keep in mind that the trailing edge goes in the direction that you are pulling...left. Here is a picture of a Mercruiser trim tab positioned in the direction that yours should be. Not the same brand drive, but the tabs will function the same....

1zl7n0p.jpg

honeys money

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 2004 Glastron with 3.0 Litre Volvo Penta Pulls hard left?????

When you adjust the tab, as in pic, you will find when you adjust the trim on outdrive and the speed you are going, will make it pull, left or right, you just have to find a happy medium, and live with it.