2003 212WA Water in Forward Cuddy Cavity

Sugarloaf Key

Recruit
Water is collecting in the forward cavity, the one below the forward cushion, inside the cuddy cabin. The cavity has no drain and, more disconcerting, I have no idea how it fills with water. There also doesn't seem to be a pattern when it fills with water. I've been out in 2-3 foot seas, sea spray over the bow, yet no water in the cavity. But then I've been out in the back country, smooth water, and returned with the cavity full. I've had someone look in the cavity while I plane out and drop off plane, and make sharp turns. Nothing. This is really a mystery to me. Has anyone had this issue or have any suggestions on where else I can look to determine where the water is coming from? Thanks.

Chuck
Sugarloaf Key, Florida

Sugarloaf Key

Recruit
Re: 2003 212WA Water in Forward Cuddy Cavity

In case anyone else has this issue with their walk around, I tracked down the leak to the anchor well drain. There's a hole in the fiberglass drain allowing some water to flow down the inside of the bow into the cavity. Must be a design flaw during the glassing process.
I removed the clamshell drain cover, inserted a plastic tube the diameter of the drain hole, connected it to the clam shell and resealed it to the bow. Inside the anchor well, I cut the tube to the profile of the well and sealed around it with 5200. It should now be leak free.

Chuck
Sugarloaf Key