New Guy

Gus Nelson

Cadet
I've been lurking here for awhile taking in all the great info thats here. I bought my first boat 7-4-11 and am looking for information on it. Its a 1974 Lund, 14fter. No engine other than a few trolling motors that came with it. It also has the side steering console. It has 2 decks in it now, one appears to be nailed down over what im guessing is the original deck. Not sure if they even came from the factory with any kind of decking on the inside. Also on the inside of the hull was "peg board" with outdoor carpet glued to it. Not sure if that was original or not but was fitted extremely well and the throttle control box is rivited over the peg board. Not pop rivets but the kind you actually hammer. Anyway its all getting re-done,just wanted to say Hello and im sure lots of questions are soon to follow.
View attachment 102726View attachment 102727

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: New Guy

Nice old Lund you've got there, very solid boats.:)

I'd want to get rid of all the old wood, that boat will float better with dry wood.

If you have any leaks Gluvit will seal all rivets and seams.

Welcome to iboats:)

Gus Nelson

Cadet
Re: New Guy

Thanks. Glad I found this site. Wood will come out this weekend and the hull will get a good cleaning and then I can see where i'm at from there.