Lone Star ?Fleetwood Sport? 61 or 62 ?

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
I picked up a project boat, which has no tags, but based on my research, is either a 61 or a 62 glass Fleetwood sport. I haven?t seen any of these style boats with the hatch cover and dashboard configuration. The other cool thing is, it was set up for twin motors from the factory, based on the dash controls. It came with 57 Johnsons, and they are way cool too but I am guessing they didn?t come from the factory. Anyone have any information on this boat, please post away. I have already looked at glasics.com and few other groups. Not much Lone Star information is available for these years 61 62.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 3

HAS

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Lone Star ?Fleetwood Sport? 61 or 62 ?

greenbush future
Look at the post Chesapeake or Potomac, check out the line from bow to stern, like I said in that
in that post I don`t remember the model or year. It had a one piece curved windshield, only had 2
seats, a shelf about a foot higher then the floor in the bow. a curved hatch cover, a built in box about
18"x18"x18" with lid on each side in front of the engine well and a piece of mahogany across the
front of the engine well. I just found out the 70hp. 6cyl. Mercury engine on my boat was only made
in 1962. Mine was a 18ft. runabout and was also red and white. .................HAS:)

PS. HOW LONG IS YOUR BOAT?

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Lone Star ?Fleetwood Sport? 61 or 62 ?

greenbush future
Look at the post Chesapeake or Potomac, check out the line from bow to stern, like I said in that
in that post I don`t remember the model or year. It had a one piece curved windshield, only had 2
seats, a shelf about a foot higher then the floor in the bow. a curved hatch cover, a built in box about
18"x18"x18" with lid on each side in front of the engine well and a piece of mahogany across the
front of the engine well. I just found out the 70hp. 6cyl. Mercury engine on my boat was only made
in 1962. Mine was a 18ft. runabout and was also red and white. .................HAS:)

PS. HOW LONG IS YOUR BOAT?

My Lone Star is 16 feet long, and my hatch is squared off not rounded like the one in the picture you pointed me too. My windshield looks almost identical to that model too.

homelite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the same boat. Mine is a 61 Fleetwood Deluxe. Homelite 55 4 cycle engine. Lone Star trailer. Very nice boat. Double bottom. I can send you pictures. Not sure how to in this site.