My motor is no working in water

what problem in water
I find one coil bad I put a new one but still hard to star and when star every 2 o3 min do like small explotion with smoke I don't know what check now
in my yard my motor is ok star and run perfect but I put on water on saturday the motor star we run a litte after that we stop for fishing and then I have hard time to star we decide go home and check but at home the motor star and run perfect I need help now what I can check.thanks

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: My motor is no working in water

It would help if we knew what we are working on, model number?

My motor is not working good

My motor is not working good

I have evinrude 175 hp 1981 to many problem in water
Ifind one coil bad I put a new one but still hard to star and when star every 2 o3 min do like small explotion with smoke I don't know what check now
in my yard my motor is ok star and run perfect but I put on water on saturday the motor star we run a litte after that we stop for fishing and then I have hard time to star we decide go home and check but at home the motor star and run perfect I need help now what I can check.thanks

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: My motor is not working good

Re: My motor is not working good

This is a double post, refer to your orginal post.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

I would start with a compression and spark test, how long since the carbs have been serviced?

i do compression test i have 90 psi in all 4 on top and 70 on the 2 in the bottom i don't knok how bad it is, and i don't service my carbs since last year, i did carb cleaner and decard 2 week ago, i check all my coils and all working good